This year I feel like my holiday season seemed to last much longer than usual. Normally I get caught up in the busyness and it's over in a flash, but this year the festivities started early and ended late, as I didn't return home until last week. Because it was such a long, enjoyable time I felt quite sad when it came to an end. That is, until I realized that there's still so much to celebrate! Once New Year's is over, then it's time to plan football parties! And after that it's Valentine's Day! Just thinking about it made me all excited again.
I have some fun Valentine recipes in the works, but today I'm all about football. The big game is just around the corner, and goodness knows I love a good football get-together. Especially because what is football without a vast array of munchies, amiright? It's honestly my favorite part. So I spent the last week creating a template for cute little food trays that can hold all of your game day treats. I was so excited to use my Christmas present (an ipad!) to draw up a printable foam finger pattern too. Do you see it?? Zoom in, zoom in! These cute little things were so fun to create, and I'm in love with how they turned out. I think they would be perfect for any sort of football get-together. Below I've included the printable template and pattern, the how-to, and two more decorating ideas for this simple craft. Check out the pictorials below. They're super easy, and all you have to do is fill them with your favorite snacks. I filled mine with my all-time favorite Kettle Brand Sea Salt & Vinegar chips (so. good.) and these yummy Snack Factory Pretzel Crisps. What would you fill yours with??
DIY Football Food Containers
- this basic template
- this template with a foam finger pattern on the back *
- cardstock/thick paper
- double-sided tape
- gold washi tape
- scallop scissors
1. Print out template on cardstock. (If making the foam finger pattern, use this template and choose 2-sided printing.)*
2. Cut out the template.
3. Score lightly along lines.
4. Fold the scored lines.
5. Make 4 cuts like so.
6. Your template should look like this.
7. Place double-sided tape like so.
8. Attach flaps.
9. And voila! Just add a piece of parchment paper and fill with treats.**
For gold pennant design:
1. Use a marker to draw a banner line on all four sides of the container.
2. Cut triangles from gold washi tape and attach all along your drawn line.
3. Repeat until done.
For scalloped edges:
1. Cut the main four edges with scallop scissors before attaching flaps.
2. Attach flaps with double-sided tape like normal.
*For some reason my printer didn't want to print 2-sided on such thick paper. If that happens to you too, print the template on one side, then reload the paper and choose the option to just print the second page.
**I used pre-cut parchment paper sheets. They're folded into quarters that when cut fit perfectly into these containers.