DIY Kraft Gift Boxes
So this past weekend was my birthday (yay!) and it was soooo nice having hubby home to spend it with. We went to Yosemite and it was lots of fun! Now my hubs is the sweetest boy you will ever meet, but he is not what I would call a celebratory person; in other words, he has trouble remembering special events (even his own birthday) and doesn't do much to celebrate them. But knowing that I love celebrations, he planned this Yosemite trip for me, which was a huge gesture, and I had the best b-day weekend, honestly so fun!
So as a bit of a thank you I put together these Kraft gift boxes to house some small gifts. Hubby often has 26-hour work days all in the same uniform, and does long gym sessions every day, so he likes body washes and such that smell really good and keep him fresh. So I thought he might like these ones that I picked up from Walmart: they are new Irish Spring Signature for Men and smell super yummy. I seriously love how my little project turned out; these natural soaps and body washes make perfect little gifts and the DIY gift boxes add a thoughtful touch. What do you think??
Below is a tutorial for a box that fits the body washes. For a box that fits the soaps, just swap the measurements at the bottom of the post. Also, for extra help, I made a stop-motion video of the final steps. Check that out on my Instagram here: Stop Motion DIY Kraft Gift Box.
And P.S. Here is a fun extra incentive to buy yourself or your man these yummy Irish Spring products:
If you purchase one of the new Irish Spring Signature products you can get $5 off a VUDU purchase! Take a picture of your receipt and then go HERE to upload your receipt. Next step, enjoy watching!
DIY Kraft Gift Boxes
Supplies Needed (for one 8.5 x 3.5 x 2 box):
- 6 sheets of Kraft card stock
- spray adhesive
- double-sided tape (preferably 1/4" wide and extra stength)
- gold marker for decorating (opt.)
1. Since one sheet of card stock is not nearly thick enough to make a gift box, take 3 sheets and use the spray adhesive to glue them together. Repeat with remaining 3 sheets of card stock.
2. Use the double-sided tape to stick together your 2 new sheets lengthwise (my photo is showing width-wise. Do the opposite so that it looks like the photo below). The overlap should be about 1/2 inch.
3. Use your ruler and pencil to measure out your box's template: start by scoring and folding along the overlap. Then turn the sheet over and use the fold as the center of your template. Measurements are below, just click to zoom. (8.5"H x 3.5"L x 2"W with 0.5" tabs.)
4. After measuring, cut out the template like so.
5. Use your ruler and scissors (or an exacto blade) to score each line.
6. Cut the corners on each tab.
7. Line the bottom half of your template with double-sided tape like so.
8. Start by attaching the two bottom tabs first.
9. After attaching both bottom tabs, attach the side tabs.
10. Your box should look like this.
11. Decorate with a gold marker or however desired. And done!
For the soap box, follow the same instructions, but attach your two sheets width-wise and swap out these measurements: Height: 4" Length: 4" Width: 2.5" (instead of 8.5"H x 3.5"L x 2"W).