Grilled Cheese Bar
I love any kind of food bar. Back in college it was popular to do parfait bars at bridal showers. And I had a hot chocolate bar at my wedding. They are so easy because you just buy the ingredients and people have fun assembling their own dishes. And you don't have to worry about your guests' preferences because they can choose their own ingredients. So here is a grilled cheese bar idea I put together with Kraft Natural Cheese. I love that this idea can be used as either a party, tailgating, or just to elevate a regular weekday. We did this right before hubby left for a trip, so we made it into a date night. We had fun going to Walmart to choose our favorite cheese flavors and fillings, and experimenting in the kitchen with all the different ingredients. Check out my "tutorial" and a few grilled cheese combos we liked best below.
Also, find more easy Kraft Natural Cheese recipes HERE, and mark your calendars for a game time demo they are doing at Walmart on 9/26!
What You Need:
- Cheese! We used: Kraft Natural Shreds Mild Cheddar, and Kraft Natural Slices Habanero and Sharp White Cheddar.
- Your favorite breads. We used: sourdough and ciabatta. Just make sure it's not too hole-y.
- Meats! We used: two different kinds of salame and proscuitto.
- Toppings. We used: fig jam, roasted tomatoes, and sliced pears.
- Margarine or butter.
- Tomato Soup (optional). I used this recipe.
You know the drill. Heat a skillet over medium-low. Spread your butter or margarine on two slices of bread. Place one slice butter-side down in the skillet and top with cheese and toppings. Place other slice on top, butter-side up. Flip the sandwich once the cheese is melty and the bread is golden brown. Remove once the other side is browned.
Our Favorite Combos:
1. Mild Cheddar + Salame and Roasted Tomatoes
2. Sharp White Cheddar + Fig Jam
3. Mild Cheddar + Salame and Proscuitto