Breakfast in Bed Party Tutorial
Today's post is all about slowing down and treating yourself. See, hubby and I constantly seem to be on the road. Last month I found myself in NYC again for a SoFab On the Road conference, and by the time I returned hubby was already gone for a 3-week trip. Upon his return I almost left again to attend a wedding a couple states over, but realized we needed some slow-down time. So instead, I threw a party!
When you want to relax, what could be better than staying in your jammies and eating breakfast in bed, amiright? So here is a tutorial for a Breakfast in Bed Party for you guys. Tell your guests to come in their PJ's, bring a pillow, and relax. Set up your table with breakfast trays, flowers for the trays, and a smorgasbord of breakfast food. Then add some DIY gold pineapple pillowcases and some gift baskets and it's a party.
The gift baskets have a treat-yo-self theme so that guests can continue to pamper themselves at home. Think: an eye mask and relaxation candles, a sunny side up cookie for sugar breaks, and Centrum Vitamints Raspberry and Gummies for everyday health boosts*. I think every little thing counts when it comes to health. Small choices like choosing wheat bagels over plain, baked donuts over fried, or substituting your mints and munch-ables for health-promoting ones are small decisions that set the foundation for better habits. Popping a Centrum mint or gummy is such a quick and convenient way to pamper your body, so it makes the perfect gift to round out these gift baskets. They're simple to put together and only require a quick Walmart run, full tutorial below.
Scroll down to find instructions for the gift baskets, along with links to all the recipes and DIYs you will need for this party. But whether you're throwing this party or not, stop by HERE to find some really great coupons so you can also enjoy staying healthy with simple solutions like Centrum Gummies and Vitamints.
Breakfast in Bed Party
What You Need:
1. Trays: the classic trays are the most fun part of breakfast in bed! The ones I used were a variety that I already had on hand but they can be very affordable. A couple were $8 trays that I had sprayed the sides of to be gold.
2. Flowers: Grab a variety of yellow and white flowers, arrange them in different-sized jars, and wrap with yellow and gold ribbons or twines. Separately, put together a row of single-flower jars for guests to place on their breakfast trays. Altogether my flowers cost me less than $30, not too shabby at all.
3. Food: The fruit cups are easy: fill with pineapple, mango and strawberries for a bright, sunny look. For everything else, click to see the recipes:
4. Gift Baskets: This breakfast in bed party is all about slowing down and treating yourself, so send your guests home with: Centrum Vitamints, Centrum gummies, an eye mask, sunny side up cookie, and relaxing candles. Find the tutorial below.
5. DIY Pillowcases: Tell your guests just to bring a pillow so that you can supply them with fun matching pillowcases. It's the easiest DIY, and such a fun touch. Find a tutorial for my gold fringe pineapple pillowcases HERE.
Gift Basket Tutorial:
- Yellow bags or baskets
- Centrum Vitamints Raspberry
- Centrum Gummies
- Sunny Side Up Egg Cookies
- Eye Masks
- Yellow candles
- 4"x6" cellophane bags
- Yellow or gold twist ties
Wrap your cookies in the cellophane bags and close with a twist tie. Fill bags or baskets with your gifts.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the food and drug administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.